Monday 18 November 2013

Fudgesicles

The other day, on my walk in to work, I thought I had left my purse at home, my purse containing my swipe card to get into work. My initial reaction to this realisation was "Sugarpuffs", and this somewhat shocked me.

Most people that know me well can tell you that swear words are very unlikely to come out of my mouth. I don't know what it is about them, I just feel uncomfortable saying them, with the occasional exception for varieties of the word 'poo' (which to be honest are so common in most peoples day to day speech, and are much better at describing a bad day or situation). Despite knowing this about myself I was still shocked, that in a park, on my own, with no one around, my response was "Sugarpuffs".

Where does 'Fudgesicles' come into this? Well, I then started thinking about what words I do use in place of your typical swear words, and my list consists of: Fudgesicles, Fiddlesticks and Sugarpuffs. The first two are my preferred substitutes.

Anyone else have words they use in place of swearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment