Thursday 8 August 2013

Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs

James has gone to Canberra for a lunch on Friday at which Jake White (Brumbies coach) will be speaking. This means I was 'home alone' this afternoon, so a colleague of mine and I decided we'd use the time to go shopping and then get some dinner as we were both on the early shift. We started off by getting a drink and cake from one of mine and James' (and it turns out my colleagues) favourite little places on the top floor of Broadway. We then did a lot of ups and downs going into to different shops, eventually going to Dymocks (a bookstore) before dinner. We're both very similar when it comes to our bookstore browsing: straight to the kids section. We probably looked a bit odd; two grown women sitting on the floor of the kids section reading through different books, but we didn't care. I showed my colleague a favourite little book of mine 'The Hueys in a new Jumper', which I then also ended up buying. We were also on the look out for dinosaur books because we both had kids in our room that loved dinosaurs, and this is how we happened upon 'Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs', which is a pretty awesome find. It's cute and it's funny, mocking a lot of those bits in children's books that you question like: Why is a little girl wondering around on her own? It had a lot of humour in it, and we giggled the whole way through, so if you don't feel silly reading a kids book I definitely recommend you check it out (or you could just click the link above for a look at some of the pages inside). I ended up buying way too many books, most for the kids at work, but also Keri Smith's 'Wreck this Box' which I've been sort of wanting to get my hands on for quite some time.
All in all, it was a lovely afternoon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment