Saturday 10 July 2010

The Tao of Pooh

Today I finished reading the Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff. I still have the Te of Piglet to read before finishing the book I bought, but the first half is read, and it is ever so interesting. I don't really know how to explain it, but it sort of puts all these ideas and thoughts I have sometimes had wondering around my head into words and doesn't make them seem as silly as I thought they were. It makes life seem so much simpler and calmer and more joyful than it is when you watch people running around trying to get places. I was a really nice book to read and I recommend it to everyone who sometimes wants to escape the busy world...others may not appreciate or understand the book as well. :)

If you would like to read some quotes from the book there are most of the best ones on this site. Some of my favourites being:

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong."

"Through working in harmony with life's circumstances, Taoist understanding changes what others may perceive as negative into something positive."

There is also a section that speaks about the development of a human, where adult is not the last stage, rather the independent, clear-minded, all-seeing Child. I do so much prefer that to an adult. :)

When I get around to uploading my photos, not that there are many "good" photos, I will put up some from our 'Legendary Day Out'.
Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment