Thursday 2 August 2012

Visa stuff

This week has been full steam ahead with my visa application. We spent quite a while getting ready, basically getting our head around what we need to do...and which forms we need to fill in. It was a slow and stressful beginning, the amount of stuff that needs to get done, and the price of it, was extremely overwhelming! But we're getting somewhere now! I got quite a lot done this week, dedicating each evening to one form, and spending today getting the little things done (I didn't get any work, poo).

So far we have:
-My form filled out
-James' form filled out
-My character check form filled out
-All but one of our certified copies of numerous things (passports, birth certificate, proof we live together, proof we share bills, etc. etc.)
-Photos to show our relationship through the years
-2 statutory declarations from James' family (with 3 more to come)
-My three Police checks (one for each place I've lived the last 10 years) sent off

Still need to do:
-Medical (booked for tomorrow morning, and paid for)
-Mine and James' statutory declarations of our relationship

Awesome! :D I am a very happy bunny at the moment! Being able to see the finish line makes things so much easier!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with it all, I've heard so many visa horror stories so I really hope it all goes swimmingly for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've heard a few too! It's a very daunting process. Well wishes are much appreciated! :)

      Delete