Friday 21 October 2011

Laduree Macarons 2

I'm not sure this tasting was a good idea...
We tasted three more flavours of macaron last night...I think I may slowly be regretting this idea! Last night we tasted Rose Petal, Granny Smith Apple and Cinnamon-Raisin.

Rose Petal
Mum - "does what it says on the label", she thought it tasted exactly like a rose petal would. I'm glad she said like it would and not like it does, I would be worried about her opinion if she went round eating rose petals...but she liked it, would eat a whole one, but maybe no more.
Dad - "tastes like potpourri" Need I say any more?
Me - No. I don't know how many of you may be familiar with the shop Shilligers, but their bathroom section smells just like this tastes. Think overpowering flowers. It did not go down well with me.
Sis - Agreed with me, she couldn't quite decide what it tasted like until I said Shilligers bathroom section. She was also not a fan.
Verdict: Try it, see what you think. But if you're not a fan of flowers in your mouth I'd maybe recommend sparing yourself. As a gift I think it would be ideal for anyone you know with a foul mouth, it would definitely give their mouth a good clean!

Granny Smith Apple
Mum - Again, what it says on the tin. It tastes like apple pie.
Dad - Thought it tasted exactly like you would expect, but didn't think it worked as a macaron.
Me - Have you ever had an apple flavour hard sweet? You know the ones that taste of manufactured apple taste, sickly sweet, nothing like a real apple tastes? That is what this tasted like to me, it was sickly. *Shudder*
Sis - too sweet.
Verdict: If you really like apples, apple flavoured hard sweets, and have a big sweet tooth, give it a go!

Cinnamon-Raisin
All - We all agreed it tasted like a strong gingerbread man with sultanas. I, however, am not a huge fan of gingerbread so I really did not like it. But thats a taste thing.
Verdict: If you love gingerbread then I am sure you will love this one.

My mum and dad also thought the Cinnamon-Raisin (which from my research is supposed to be exclusive to NY...I don't know either!) and the Granny Smith Apple (one of the seasonal flavours) would go wonderfully together as a Christmas dessert.

From my reviews you may have noticed I haven't liked a single one of our tastings yet. I do hope some of the next six are yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment