Thursday 13 December 2012

'Clock' is Not an Easy Word to Say

I haven't shared a work story for quite some time (unless you count the occasional complaining, but I don't), so I thought it was time for a little work story.

Yesterday I discovered 'Clock' has an unfortunate mispronunciation if a child has difficulty pronouncing the 'cl' sound. One of the little boys was sitting with me during the afternoon and noticed my watch to which he very excitedly announced "Cock!". I wasn't quite sure I heard him right, but he then quickly began to proclaim "Katie's cock! Katie's cock!", and I assume his Mum has a watch too because he also added "Mummy's cock!" whilst pointing at the door. I tried my best to keep a straight face and get him to say 'cl' or 'watch', but he was very insistent on using the word 'clock'. Children are so sweet and innocent.

In work related news, my beautiful reindeer head from earlier collapsed yesterday. The cardboard wasn't strong enough to stay rigid. I have since cut the antlers in half and created two reindeer profiles on the wall. :)

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh, children can be so hilarious sometimes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love children, they crack me up! I wish my memory was better because they can come out with some of the funniest things, but unfortunately I forget most of them.

      Delete