Monday 17 June 2013

Transformation of the Very Hungry Caterpillar

Last week we did a group painting with the children, inspired by the Very Hungry Caterpillar. We've been reading the book a LOT...like a LOT. I don't know it as well as I know 'Hooray for Fish', but I'm getting to know the book very well. We read the book, talked about the colours and then let the children paint. Above is the beautiful product of six of our children, ranging between 13 and 22months old. I LOVE it. It's about 1mx1m in size. Love it. So proud of my little children.

In work related news, one of our kids has learnt a new word: Ash-aur. The first couple of times I heard 'ash-aur' I was a little shocked, it sounded rather rude. The child using the word wasn't pointing at anything in particular, and just kept repeating 'ash-aur, ash-aur, ash-aur'. Eventually he was holding a dinosaur and saying 'ash-aur', that was when it all made a bit more sense. I still smile when he say 'Ash-aur'.

No comments:

Post a Comment