Thursday 29 December 2011

My New TOMS

My Silver Sequinned TOMS.
I took photos!! So, TOMS. As I may or may not have said, I had seen a lot of different people wearing TOMS in my online world. I had heard a lot of people talk about how much they love them, how comfy they are, and just how plain awesome. Now that I have my own, and have been able to wear them I can confirm they ARE super comfy, and super awesome. :)
My Other casual pair, I wear these ones a lot.
One things I feel that is very important about TOMS, and don't remember reading anything about is the amazing cause they are dedicated to. People may have mentioned it, and I just forgot, but I first really found out about it by visiting their site. For every pair of TOMS you buy, they donate a pair to children in need.
The donations started in Argentina, and have since grown to help children in many other countries. Shoes are important, shoes are needed. They give three very good reasons why on their website, One for One Movement:

1. "A leading cause of disease in developing countries is soil-transmitted diseases, which can penetrate the skin through bare feet. Wearing shoes can help prevent these diseases, and the long-term physical can cognitive harm they cause."
2. "Wearing shoes also prevents feet from getting cuts and sores. Not only are these injuries painful, they also are dangerous when wounds become infected."
3. "Many times children can't attend school barefoot because shoes are a required part of their unifrom. If they don't have shoes, they don't go to school. If they don't receive and education, they don't have the opportunity to realize their potential."

So, if you've been interested in TOMS but haven't bought a pair yet, go now! Go buy some! They are totally worth it!



(And if you want to read some more check out their Giving Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment